Change the way you look at things... ...and things you look at change!
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Friday, January 22, 2010

What a difference a day makes

Wow... I'm glad to be here. Yesterday and especially last night, will be one I remember for some time. 

We experienced some "weather"... part of a massive storm which has been pummeling California and then traveling inland. This giant and very savage storm has been hammering Arizona as well.

For the first time in my life, I experienced a regional alert. For years I've seen those testing moments on TV. You know where they say "this is a test of the emergency alert systems"... I tolerated them with some impatience but never ever dreamed I would be warned by one. Last night I was.


The emergency system warned of tornado watches and violent winds up to 80 mph. Now to someone from the mid-west this probably would be a ho-hum event. For those of us in Arizona, it was terrifying. Arizona doesn't get tornados.

Luckily for me, the worst of the storm passed to the north and yes, there was talk of tornado's touching down outside of Phoenix. As I write this, it is still early morning, I don't really know if this was true or not.

In my very early childhood, I was trapped outside during a hurricane. It was so long ago as to be considered history, yet some part of my soul still remembers. For me winds and storms in general, are to be feared. You'd think I'd grow up...

As I look out the window this morning, I wonder what all the fuss was about. Everything looks the same. The trees, the hills and the birds are all where they were yesterday. It is raining but the trees are only blowing, not whipping as yesterday. I guess no matter what, the world goes on.

Oh well, at least today I get to come out from under the bed. It makes typing so much easier.

Here's hoping the sun shines for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment