Change the way you look at things... ...and things you look at change!
Dr. Wayne Dyer

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Moment In Time

Today is Remembrance Day. Today I experienced a moment in time.

I was walking in the open space beneath the multi-story metal towers which carry electricity to my city. This corridor of green crisscrossed the city, creating a narrow strip of natural wooded area winding through concrete and asphalt. The day was beautiful... sunny, warm and filled with life. I stripped down to just a thin sweater with my jacket tied around my waist. The birds were tweeting (none with cell phones) and the air was sweet. 

Few people were around and the morning sun appeared to shimmer and dance over a still vibrant, green grass. The scent of leaves, freshly fallen, filled the air with this delightful autumnal fragrance. 

A loud noise resonated above my head, the sound caught in the canyon of trees and magnified. I looked up to see an incredible sight... a World War II airplane, a large grey colored WWII bomber plane. It was flying low, light reflecting off it's nose windows, and slowly crossing my horizon. 

I had a moment in time and imagined it was 70 plus years ago. I was in France or England and war was all around me. I thought how could something as beautiful as this plane be both a harbinger of death and a savior of the world as well. The fly over only lasted a few moments and as the sound faded so did the plane, growing smaller and smaller as it passed. 

I glanced at my watch and it was almost 11 am... that moment in time of such great significance to history. A time and a date set aside to remember those terrible wars of the past. I said a silent prayer for those who provided me with this moment, for all those who had to courage to protect my world and indirectly to protect me. Thank you I whispered to those unknowns, thank you. 



2 comments:

  1. Lynne Marie - you are a beautiful writer.

    Love and blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and you where so lucky to see this plane and remember all those who have or are helping to protect our freedoms. Michelle

    ReplyDelete